Post by Sliprunner on Sept 4, 2016 13:40:40 GMT -6
To start things off, I'm attaching the map bellow, so you have an idea of what the world is like, subject to change depending on what direction world building go's.
Black Fort : Player Start Location (10 Present)
Gold Coins : Exotic/Rare Resource (+1 Economy)
Red Skull : Monster Lair (Spawns monster armors occasionally)
Red Building : NPC Start Location (Subject to randomization before start)
White Tip Mountains : Impassible Mountains
A few major things to cover, before things get started, are as follows.
- 1st: This is hex based, and will be using actual rules for handling kingdom growth and development. I'm pulling together the official/third party/homebrew rules I intend to be using. A compiled document will be available soonish.
- 2nd: The world is (partly because of system) Fantasy based, this means magic is present along with your classic slew of fantasy races, among anything else you might add in.
- 3rd: Technology in the world is a mix of classic fantasy, and early-industrial. Firearms are present but they are expensive, especially for trying to arm an entire force with them.
- 4th: 'Turns' (as this is turn based) will happen either 1/day OR when everyone has actions in, Whichever happens first. (If you are away for a turn, I will auto-process normal kingdom rolls)
Now for questions I have for people regarding this, DO NOT VOTE IN THE POLL IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO POST A RESPONSE TO THESE QUESTIONS.
- 1st: Would you prefer I have Premade packages for starting a nation (Such as starting army,buildings,etc), or would they prefer to figure out something on their own. (This question may be put off until compiled document is available)
- 2nd: Would you prefer a more 'clustered' start, or being distant from other players
- 3rd: Would you prefer there be More/Less/Equal amount of NPC nations to Players?
- 4th: Should other 'Civilized' regions occasionally send trade envoys?
- 5th: Should there be some sort of 'Victory' condition? (This is more firmly a 'game' then proper roleplay)
- 6th: Should there be 'free' cities for players to trade/conquer/derplomacy?
Finally, and this is less of a question, but more of your take on it. What kind of world building lore would you want for the setting? Here is what I have so far (as cheesy as it is)
The Region of Glaedwine (Bright Friend)
Far beyond living memory two forces of divine will had struck will against each other, wreaking havoc and mayhem in the name of their faith and spurred by their followers to such conflict. In the wake of their terrible war the world was shattered, continents and entire realms scattered in the planarscape separated by a thick and impenetrable fog. As many ancient civilizations crumbled and collapsed under the forces that be, their lands were swiftly reclaimed by the forces of nature, seeing to an almost new world present in these regions for new nations to claim. Travel between the regions and realms still occurs, but only under the guidance of seers through arcane forces; however, rumor holds that those who temper metals have also found a way to navigate the otherwise endless fog between realms. The Region of Glaedwine finds itself stirring to life, as fog that had once crept to the borders of cities has withdrawn to the edges of the realm, releasing those in the realm to spring up again.